Last page update:
Sharing of creative ideas and moments have been made easy as digitalization is sweeping through the region and all over the world. Through technology, photos and videos are uploaded onto the internet and they instantly appear on millions of phones and computer screens. Increasingly through digital initiatives, APEC continues to drive its efforts to build prosperity for people in the Asia-Pacific region. APEC’s theme this year is to call on economies to Open. Connect. Balance.
For this year’s APEC Photo Contest, we seek your creative interpretations of Open. Connect. Balance. Calling all budding amateurs and proven professionals photo enthusiasts alike to share your vision through your images that capture the theme and priorities of Thailand’s APEC host year, and send them to APEC!
You may choose to interpret any one of the following APEC 2022 theme and priorities:
- Open to all opportunities
- Connect in all dimensions
- Balance in all aspects
These priorities aim to connect and empower people, businesses and communities in all parts of the Asia-Pacific. As the region works together hand in hand toward an inclusive and sustainable recovery amid these challenging times, people in APEC are also thriving in an age of digital disruption with fresh and innovative ideas. Your photos can help to tell this story. We look forward to receiving your creative and beautiful snaps!
First Prize – SGD 2,500
Second Prize – SGD 2,000
Third Prize – SGD 1,500
Popular Choice – SGD 1,000
Instagram Influencer – SGD 1,000
CONTEST TIMELINE & WINNER SELECTION
Photo submission opens: 13 July 2022
Photo submission deadline: 25 September 2022, 23:59 (SG - GMT +08:00)
Participants agree that the APEC Secretariat will feature the 10 selected finalist photos on APEC’s social media channels – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. The winners will be selected by a panel of judges consisting of the APEC Secretariat’s Executive Director, Chair of APEC 2022 Senior Officials’ Meeting, award-winning photojournalists and photographers from the region.
The 10 selected finalists will also have the chance to win APEC Popular Choice Award on top of the the judges’ prizes. Members of the public will choose their favorite photo to win the APEC Popular Choice Award via a link posted on the APEC website and social media channels, starting from 10 October 2022 at 10:00 (SG) and closing at 24 October 2022, 17:00 (SG - GMT +08:00).
Winners of the photo contest will be announced during APEC Economic Leaders’ Week in Bangkok during the week of 14 November 2022. Results will be published on the APEC website and on APEC’s social media channels.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST?
Entry(s) for the APEC Photo Contest 2022 must be submitted using the online form below or by tagging APEC on Instagram (@apec). The entry must fulfill all the requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of APEC Secretariat.
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY VIA INSTAGRAM?
Photo submission is open through our Instagram account (@apec), encouraging both amateur and professional photo enthusiasts to take part in the contest. Here are the entry requirements for Instagram submission:
- Follow APEC Instagram account: @apec
- Must include hashtags #APECPhotoContest2022 and #APEC2022THAILAND in caption
- Must include a hashtag indicating the APEC priority that the photo represents
- Must include title and location of the photo in caption
- Make sure photo follows the general guideline of APEC Photo Contest 2022. Check out the section on General Guidelines of APEC Photo Contest 2022.
- Maximum submission is 3 photos per account. More than 3 entries submitted will not be accepted and will disqualify the participant.
|Priority 1: Open||Priority 2: Connect||Priority 3: Balance|
Those who participate in the contest through Instagram stand a chance to win the APEC Influencer Award, on top of the chance to win the judges’ prize.
*BCG – Bio-Circular-Green Economic Model
HOW DO I SUBMIT MY PHOTOS THROUGH THE ONLINE FORM?
ONLINE FORM SUBMISSION:
For those who do not have access to Instagram and wish to participate in the contest, you can submit your photos through APEC Photo Contest 2022 online form. You can access the form here.
- Fill in all the details required in the form accurately
- Include title and location of the photo
- Submit maximum 3 photos
- Make sure photos follows the general guideline of APEC Photo Contest 2022.
I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE ENTRY GUIDELINES.
- The APEC Photo Contest 2022 is open to all amateur and professional photographers
- Participants must be citizens or permanent residents of the APEC member economies: Australia; Brunei Darussalam; Canada; Chile; People’s Republic of China; Hong Kong, China; Indonesia; Japan; Republic of Korea; Malaysia; Mexico; New Zealand; Papua New Guinea; Peru; the Philippines; Russia; Singapore; Chinese Taipei; Thailand; United States; and Viet Nam
- The photo can be taken using any kind of camera, including mobile phone
- The photo must be taken in one or more APEC member economy(s). Participants need to include or tag the location of the photo in the online form and Instagram caption
- Photo format can be square, portrait or landscape
- All photos submitted through online form must be a high-resolution digital image file in JPEG format with minimum compression. Each image should not exceed 10 MB in file size
- Minor digital manipulation (i.e. color enhancement, cropping) is allowed. Excessively manipulated photos are grounds for disqualification
- Collage or photomontage will not be accepted
- The photo must be an original work by the participant and was not submitted in other similar photo contests including previous editions of the APEC Photo Contest.
- The photo must not contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including publicity and intellectual property rights
- Each participant is allowed to submit a maximum of three photos
- Staff and their immediate family members of the APEC Secretariat, host economy organizing committee and its affiliates are not eligible to participate in the contest
- The decisions of APEC’s Judging Panel are final
- All prizes shall be paid in Singapore dollars
- All deadline submissions and timelines are based in Singapore time GMT +08:00
- The Secretariat reserves the right to disqualify any photo submission that does not conform to the rules and guidelines
WHAT IS THE JUDGING CRITERIA?
Each photo will be evaluated based on the following criteria: (i) interpretation and message of the photo based on APEC 2022 priorities, (ii) composition and quality, (iii) creativity.
WHAT ARE THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS?
Read the full Terms and Conditions below:
- The participant must be the author and sole owner of the copyright of each photograph submitted.
- All images submitted must be original work of the individual submitting them.
- The participant shall retain the copyright of the photos submitted in the competition.
The winners shall also grant the right to the APEC Secretariat to publish, display and exhibit their submitted photographs in its publications, brochures, and other materials as well as on its website and other online platforms. The photos will be used for non-commercial purposes without payment or fee to the participant. The APEC Secretariat will make every effort to credit photographers but we cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will contain the photographers' names.
II. Lost entries
The Secretariat will not be held responsible for any photos lost or not received.
By submitting photos, participants agree that if they win, the APEC Secretariat may use the personal information on their entry forms for publicity purposes, with the exception of street address, email address and telephone number.
The finalists and winners consent to the use of their personal information and photos by the APEC Secretariat in publicity in all media, such as online, newspaper, television and radio.
- By submitting photos, participants agree that no claim relating to any damage, loss, injury or inconvenience shall be asserted against the APEC Secretariat, and the directors, officers, employees and assignees from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from the project.
- The participants hereby indemnify and hold the APEC Secretariat harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant participants did not own or are not wholly entitled and authorized to allow publication and reproduction of the work by the APEC Secretariat.
- The APEC Secretariat reserves the right to disqualify any entries if the contents are deemed inappropriate or against public interest.
- The Terms and Conditions above are subject to change and/or supplement by the APEC Secretariat at any time during the submission period as and when it deems fit. The APEC Secretariat assumes no liability whatsoever for any outcome as a result of such action.