His Excellency Joko Widodo, President of Indonesia, delivered remarks to the APEC CEO Summit session on The Next Focus of Business. Here are seven quotes from his remarks about digital transformation.
- “The world’s economy is still facing serious challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The acceleration of digital transformation has become one of the solutions to generate the economy, particularly for MSMEs.”
- “Digital acceleration also occurs in the health sector. Currently the interaction between doctors and patients is facilitated through digital platforms. This can increase the quality of health access especially for areas with limited medical personnel and promote the growth and development of startups in the health sector.”
- “However digital transformation comes with challenges, risks, disruptions that are new and developing.”
- “We need to narrow the digital divide, both among APEC member economies and domestically.”
- “We need to pay special attention to capacity building, quality infrastructure, as well as accessibility and affordability of the digital economy.”
- “The digital economy and MSMEs must become a new source of growth for an inclusive, resilient, and sustainable economy.”
- “Indonesia is eager to cooperate with APEC member economies ad with the business communities in the Asia-Pacific region.”