APEC Finance Ministers Issue Joint Statement
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 17 October 2018
Finance Ministers from the APEC member economies issued a joint statement reflecting the outcomes of the APEC Finance Ministers’ Meeting in Port Moresby chaired by Papua New Guinea Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer Charles Abel.
Their joint statement discusses the economic and financial outlook that APEC economies face and shares finance ministers’ views on appropriate policy actions.
Areas of focus include:
- Accelerating infrastructure development and financing;
- Advancing financial inclusion;
- Fostering international tax cooperation and transparency;
- Implementing the Cebu Action Plan for building a financially integrated, transparent, resilient and connected APEC community; and
- Addressing disaster risk financing and insurance.
The next APEC Finance Ministers’ Meeting will be held in Santiago, Chile in October 2019.
# # #
For further details, or to arrange possible media interviews, please contact: