Media registration for the upcoming ministerial and technical meetings to be hosted in Seattle, Washington, is now open.
From 29 July to 21 August, more than 2,000 delegates from the 21 APEC member economies will convene in Seattle, Washington for the Third APEC Senior Officials’ and Ministerial Meetings (SOM3).
Spanning nearly three weeks, these meetings will advance a broad range of economic priorities within the Asia-Pacific region including on disaster management, finance, food security, health, energy and small and medium-sized enterprises, in addition to the APEC Digital Month, an initiative by the APEC 2023 to achieve an interconnected, innovative and inclusive digital economy.
Multiple cabinet officials from the United States, including Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra; and Secretary of Energy Jennifer Granholm will host their counterparts while in Seattle, and showcase the vibrant city as the center of international commerce.
All media representatives wishing to cover the APEC meetings in Seattle, or access the meeting sites, must have a media credential. This credential is effective across all APEC events during this period.
Interested media should apply for a credential through the accreditation application form no later than Saturday, 22 July at 17:30 Eastern Time. We encourage all media organizations to ensure accreditation is submitted for additional personnel/correspondents in case of contingencies (e.g., illness, assignment rotations, etc). No late or last-minute exceptions will be permitted.
Key events and media opportunities:
Media representatives should expect opening remarks from ministerial meetings will be available for coverage, and subsequent news conferences, spanning the full meeting dates:
- Wednesday, 2 August: Senior Disaster Management Officials Forum, chaired by Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Administrator Deanne Criswell
- Thursday, 3 August: Food Security Ministerial Meeting, chaired by the United States Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack
- Sunday, 6 August: High Level Meeting on Health and the Economy, chaired by the United States Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra
- Tuesday, 15 August: Energy Ministerial Meeting, chaired by the United States Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm
- Friday, 18 August: Women and the Economy Forum (WEF), chaired by Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Gender Policy Council Jen Klein
- Monday, 21 August: Small and Medium Enterprises Ministerial Meeting, chaired by the United States Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade Marisa Lago
Participating member economies, and public and private-sector officials from the City of Seattle and State of Washington, may schedule informal or formal media opportunities throughout the duration of SOM3 and related ministerial meetings, with or without advance notice.
International Media Center:
The host will provide an international media center (IMC) within the APEC venues, consisting of unassigned workspace and limited escort within the venue to interview delegates or conduct live shot/stand-up broadcasts. Unassigned workstations are available at no charge on a first-come, first-serve basis, and will include complimentary wireless internet access and power outlets (North American 120V).
International media center operational hours will be transmitted directly to accredited media.
Media organizations wishing to inquire about live transmission vehicle parking should email [email protected] by 22 July 2023.
The host will make available video and still images of the APEC events in Seattle as “clean” (no graphics/chyrons) in NTSC 1080i on a complimentary basis. Events will be streamed live and available for download.
Additional questions, technical Inquiries and contact information:
Media or editorial/interview inquiries to individual agencies can be referred to the following points of contact directly:
- Senior Disaster Management Officials Forum: [email protected]
- High Level Meeting on Health & Economy: [email protected]
- Food Security Ministerial Meeting: [email protected]
- Energy Ministers’ Meeting: [email protected]
- Women and the Economy Forum: [email protected]
- Small & Medium Enterprises Ministerial Meeting: [email protected]
The entire Third APEC Senior Officials’ Meeting and Related Meetings schedule in Seattle from 29 July to 21 August can be viewed here.
For further details, please contact: