The present study and the economic impact model serve to fulfil the goals of the APEC Supply Chain Connectivity Framework Action Plan, resolved by the APEC member economies, which contains under its Chokepoint 7 the protection of submarine cables.
1. Development of Submarine Cable Systems in the APEC Region
2. Dangers to and Disruptions of Submarine Cable Systems in the APEC region
3. Analysis of the Economic Impact of Submarine Cable Disruptions
4. Analysis of Current Protection and Impact Mitigation Measures
5. Recommendations for Future Protection and Impact Mitigation Measures