Effective Community Based Tourism: A Best Practice Manual, June 2010
|Published Date||June 2010|
|Type of Publication||Manuals|
|Publication Under||SOM Steering Committee on Economic and Technical Cooperation (SCE), Tourism Working Group (TWG)|
This manual provides guidance on the issues to be addressed when developing Community Based Tourism (CBT) activities managed by local communities in regional and rural areas. It aims to increase awareness in APEC economies of the opportunities for CBT as a vehicle for social, economic and environmental development, drawing from case study examples of best practice.
The manual is intended for people and organisations planning, managing, implementing or overseeing community based tourism, either as community leaders in government agencies or non-governmental organisations.
- Why develop community based Tourism?
- First Consideration when preparing for CBT
- Resourcing CBT - Mechanisms for funding, asset management and procurement
- Developing and marketing the product
- Building relationships with tourism stakeholders to support CBT
- Appendix 1: Good practice case studies
- Appendix 2: Further reading and references
- Appendix 3: Knowledge hubs and networks for community base tourism