A Joint Ministerial Statement detailing new actions for deepening Asia-Pacific partnership to navigate the changing regional and global landscape and boost economic recovery was issued by APEC Ministers following the conclusion of the 26th APEC Ministerial Meeting on Saturday in Beijing.
Initiatives contained in the Joint Statement prioritize the unlocking of new sources of growth based on the establishment of conditions that foster greater regional economic integration, promote innovative development, economic reform and growth, and strengthen infrastructure investment and comprehensive connectivity.
The Joint Statement further outlines next steps for addressing the significant challenges now confronting the multilateral trading system under the World Trade Organization, taking into account a frank assessment of the future its negotiating function provided to Ministers by Director-General Roberto Azevedo on Saturday.
A series of next generation measures for advancing APEC member economies’ regional and global priorities are also described in the following annexes within the Joint Statement:
- Annex A: APEC Statement on Promoting the Use of Interoperable Global Data Standards
- Annex B: APEC Statement on Promoting Renewable and Clean Energy Trade and Investment
- Annex C: APEC Customs 3M Strategic Framework
- Annex D: Action Agenda on Promoting Infrastructure Investment through Public-Private Partnership
- Annex E: The APEC Strategic Plan on Capacity Building to Promote Trade and Investment Agenda
- Annex F: APEC Initiative of Cooperation to Promote Internet Economy
- Annex G: APEC Ocean Cooperation in the Asia Pacific Region
- Annex H: The Beijing Declaration on Fighting Corruption
A press conference on the outcomes of the 26th APEC Ministerial Meeting will be led by Co-Chairs, China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Commerce Minster Gao Hucheng, on Saturday afternoon. It will be followed by the 2014 APEC CEO Summit on 9-10 November and the 2014 APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting on 10-11 November.
# # #
Captioned high resolution photos of Ministers at the 26th APEC Ministerial Meeting are available for downloading here.
Program details for the 2014 APEC Economic Leaders’ Week, including specific event times and venues, can be viewed at this link.
Current and former APEC Leaders and Ministers describe how member economies are building on the region’s progress in the new APEC 25th anniversary video.
For further details, please contact:
David Hendrickson +65 9137 3886/+86 132 4176 9694 at email@example.com
Michael Chapnick +65 9647 4847 at firstname.lastname@example.org