The Asia-Pacific Region Automotive Industry Sustainable Development Declaration submitted by China was endorsed at the 20th AD meeting during 23-25 April 2014 in Beijing.
The AD committed to the following goals:
- Further improve the best practices sharing mechanism among APEC members for the auto sector.
- Enhance the exchange of information related to the harmonization of policies, regulations and technical standards related to the automotive sector.
- Promote employment and social stability in the region by continuing to encourage investment in the automobile and automotive parts sectors.
- Improve the auto industry’s technology cooperation, by continuing to foster and improve the auto industry’s innovation ability and competitiveness; further reduce the auto industry’s impact on the environment, promote vehicle safety performance, promote R&D in innovative vehicle technologies, future alternative energy sources and transportation infrastructure.
- Promote innovation in the area of finance related to automobile industry and work collectively to enhance the financial sector’s support for the auto industry.