Position at APEC Secretariat: Internal Communications Intern
The APEC Secretariat is offering a 6-Month Internal Communications Internship from January to June 2017.
The intern will assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Secretariat’s internal communication strategy that promotes a positive organizational culture. The internship offers an excellent opportunity for exposure to and understanding of cross-cultural communication. The intern will report directly to the Secretariat’s Chief of Staff.
Duties and responsibilities of the intern include:
- Assist in managing, reviewing and/or developing the content of the organization’s IntrAPEC (intranet site).
- Engage staff in using multimedia (video and audio) to produce content that inspires engagement amongst colleagues to work in line with the organization’s values of Community, Openness, Respect and Excellence.
- Lead the pre-production, production and post-production of internal multimedia projects (i.e. video and audio).
- Collaborate with colleagues on ad-hoc multimedia projects to communicate information, procedures and best practices to the broader APEC network.
- Collate information around key initiatives to be shared across the organization in the monthly e-newsletter.
- Ensure that relevant content and communication materials produced (articles, videos and audio) are shared with relevant staff in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the set up/preparation of materials for AV presentations, in-house video productions, photography for in-house events.
- Work on conversion of current induction training documents into interactive learning modules.
- Assist in identifying the most optimal tools available to increase effective internal communications across the APEC Secretariat – and evaluating them with the Program Executive and eventually with the IT and Administration teams.
- Assist with coordinating and providing input in the production of various internal documents.
The internship is open to nationals or permanent residents of APEC member economies. To be eligible, candidates must possess a degree or diploma in Communications, Digital Media, IT or related disciplines. The candidate must have strong written and spoken English skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. An understanding of, and experience with, the promotion of positive organizational culture is a strong advantage. In addition, the candidate should possess the following technical skills:
- Developing /using Sharepoint, Youtube and other such multimedia hosting platforms and applications.
- Videography skills are an asset.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
Deadline of application: 19 December 2016
To apply, download the Internship Application Form and the APEC Secretariat Internship Framework (ASIF) Guidelines.
Required application form together with a personal video message of not more than 2 minutes on why you would be suited for the post must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further details, please contact: email@example.com